S’mores + brownies = chocolaty deliciousness. I’ve made these brownies before and they were eaten up very quickly!
Plus, have you ever seen this meme from 9gag:
So really, this is like health food. At least that’s what I’ll keep telling myself. Sadly, these are going to work with the hubby… possibly minus one square. :-)
This is actually a Betty Crocker recipe but I just had to share. These brownies NEED to make their way out into the world! They are definitely a crowd-pleaser. I mean, come on… chocolate, marshmallows and graham crackers on top of more chocolate?!? Yes, please! And the best part: you start with a boxed mix so they are SUPER easy but look very impressive!
- boxed brownie mix
- water, eggs, and oil called for on the boxed mix (hint: if you switch out sour cream for the oil it makes it a bit healthier and delicious!)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 full graham crackers
- 2 chocolate candy bars (like a plain Hershey’s bar)
1. Bake your brownies in a 9×13 pan as directed on the box.
2. While the brownies are baking, break up the graham crackers into pieces. For each section of graham cracker (1 of the 4 sections of a full graham cracker), I broke it into about 6 pieces, just to give you an idea of the size you want to aim for. Also break up the chocolate bars. If you are using Hershey’s bars, I just separated them into their little rectangles, then broke the rectangles in half.
3. As soon as the brownies come out of the oven, switch the oven from bake to broil and dump the marshmallows and graham crackers on top of the brownies.
4. Put the brownies back in the oven a few inches under the broiler. WATCH CAREFULLY!! You want the graham crackers and marshmallows to start to brown, which will happen quickly. It’ll only take about 30-60 seconds depending on how close the brownies are to the broiler and how hot your broiler is.
5. When you pull the brownies out from under the broiler, sprinkle the broken pieces of chocolate all over the top. The chocolate will immediately start to melt.
If you are making them day-of, they need to sit for about 30 minutes before serving. They are just as good served the next day though.
Hope y’all enjoy these as much as I did! And seriously, share with your friends, everyone needs this go-to recipe!