I’ve been in a bit of a rut while my husband’s been gone. Almost every Sunday morning I get up (late) and make myself french toast. Well, this Sunday, I did a bad thing.
Oh, who am I kidding? I did a wonderful thing. I cooked maple syrup and bacon right into my french toast. Now I’m not even that big of a “bacon” person but for some reason today this sounded good… and it was!
My husband is going to LOVE this. In fact, he’s probably going to be a little upset that I made it for the first time when he wasn’t home. It’s okay, honey, it’s just a nice surprise for when you get back!
Maple Bacon French Toast
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp crumbled bacon (you could absolutely use regular bacon, we just have these which made it MUCH easier!)
- 2 slices bread
- additional maple syrup
*This is for a single serving only so please double, triple, quadruple or more based on how much you need.
- Crack your egg into a bowl and add the milk, maple syrup and bacon.
- Whisk together with a fork (or small whisk).
- Dunk your bread (both sides) into the mixture and put into a pan over medium heat. (I used my fork to add a little extra bacon on top of the first slice, then scraped all the extra bacon from the bowl on top of the second slice.)
- Cook until lightly browned (depending on how you and your family like your french toast).
- Slather with extra maple syrup and enjoy!