So yes, this is a pretty common thing to do, however, I really loved the way ours came out when I tried it this way so I figured I’d share!
My mom used to always make garlic bread with spaghetti… add a little butter and garlic powder, throw it in the toaster oven and we’re good to go. This is not my mom’s garlic bread.
This is delicious, cheesy, garlicky, buttery, soft on the inside, crunchy on the outside… mmm, mmm good! It’s also super simple but a great addition to any meal. It also reheats really well!
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1 stick butter
- approximately 2 tbsp minced garlic (adjust based on your love for garlic)
- approximately 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (we used a cheddar jack mix but you could really use whatever you have on hand)
1. Cut french bread into slices, but not all the way through. You want it to stay together as a whole loaf, but be easy to pull apart into slices when you’re ready to eat.
2. Put butter and garlic into a small saucepan and cook on low until butter is melted, and then an additional about 2 minutes. You want the butter to be infused with the garlic.
3. At this point you have a choice depending on how much you love garlic. My husband and I absolutely love it and put it into just about every meal. Therefore, we did not strain the minced garlic pieces out of the butter. However, if you’re more so looking for just a hint of a garlicky flavor in your butter, you might want to go ahead and strain your butter and remove all of the garlic pieces. TOTALLY OPTIONAL THOUGH!
4. Pour your butter all over your bread, making sure you get into all of the cuts. We used a spoon to begin with so as to not make a giant mess. It was also a bit of a team effort. I’d separate the bread while my husband spooned in the butter. Not something that couldn’t be done by yourself, but if you have some helping hands around, it’s a good team project.
5. Now add your cheese. Again, making sure that you get it down into all of the cuts. Here, you also want to make sure that you get it on top of the bread too because more cheese is ALWAYS better.
6. Bake at 350ºF for 12-15 minutes. You want to make sure that your cheese is all melted and bubbly.
Let it sit for a couple minutes before digging in and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy as much as we did!