Now that the bar exam is over, I have some observations to share:
- The essays are not that hard.
- The MBE is even harder.
- I will judge you for what you wear and I’m sure I’m not the only one.
- It’s great that you went to Duke for law school, however, I want to punch you in the face for wearing a “Duke Law” shirt both days of the bar exam. We’re all smart, don’t rub it in that you’re smarter.
- If you have your hair done, are wearing makeup or look in any way cute, I want to punch you.
- Dude wearing Buddy Holly glasses with a polo with a popped collar: you look like an idiot.
- Polo shirts and athletic shorts don’t go together, do you not own a t-shirt?!
- If you are wearing a suit, you are an idiot, you have a lifetime to wear a suit. Be comfortable while you can.
- Taking snacks is quite possibly the best idea ever.
- The trail mix at Target with chocolate covered almonds, chocolate covered pecans, chocolate covered espresso beans and an assortment of other chocolate and nuts is amazing.
- Finishing multiple choice questions early is great. I never have to worry about rushing or not finishing. Having to sit around for an hour until time is up is not great.
- There are more people taking the bar exam than I ever would have imagined. 1140 was the highest number I saw. Wow.
- Having to wait 2.5 months to get your results sucks. Tell me now, I’m impatient.
- You will never know everything you are supposed to.
- Bar review courses are not always right with their suggestions one what probably will or will not be on the exam.
- Don’t trust what has or has not been on the last 17 exams of essays. It may change.
- It’s amazing how quiet over 1100 people can be.
- I found it funny/interesting that the copyright on the MBE was 2010, not 2011.
- The chairs on either side of me were empty. The people didn’t show up. What the heck?! You paid almost $600 to not show up?! Even if you don’t feel prepared, at least TRY! I’m sure the Colorado Supreme Court appreciates your donation.
- One glass of wine apparently makes me grumpy.
- You’ll need a massage after the exam is over.
- I’d really like to have a ceremonial bonfire with all of my study materials… although I think I should wait until I find out if I passed or not. Although I REALLY don’t want to have to go through this again in February.
- Why did someone not warn me about this 3 years ago?! I’m pretty sure I could be happily teaching a history class somewhere.
- I pray that the majority of test takers were as dumb as me. Scaled scoring is a wonderful thing.
- The rules for the bar exam are stupid and strict. But follow them, they don’t mess around.
- Expect to roll your eyes at about a million things they say (ex. Please take the label off your water bottle. Really?! Do you think I removed the label, then printed a new one that had answers on it and managed to stick it back on to look exactly the same as the original label?!)
- You’ll never see women pee as quickly as during the bar, especially essay day.
- WHY would you handwrite the essays?! You’re crazy.
- Studying the night between the two days of exams will not happen, don’t plan on it.
- Don’t eat something for lunch that will make you sleepy. Wanting to fall asleep while finishing the last 100 multiple choice questions is not fun.
- Where do they get the proctors?! Let’s just say there was a diverse crowd… including the guy wearing socks and Birkenstock sandals. You clearly need a wife.
- If someone you know is preparing for/taking the bar exam, be very nice, supportive and understanding.
- Our apartment is a disaster area. Things are piled everywhere. Cleaning has not been a priority and therefore has gone undone. It’s driving me nuts but there wasn’t really time for it. Now I’m aching to clean and let me tell you, it needs it!
- I’m also aching to cook a real meal.
I’m running out of witty things to say so I’ll stop. I’m currently celebrating being done with a
glass bottle of wine, Call of Duty, my hubby and tv. It’s the best feeling to know I don’t have to get up early to take an exam or study. And let me just end by saying that I have a wonderfully supportive husband which has helped out a TON!
Going hiking tomorrow to relax, then I have an interview with a tax resolution firm on Friday. Fingers and toes crossed, say a little prayer I get it!